Time: 7th & 8th grade:7:00 AM - 8:15 AM
Time: HS & ROTC:9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Dates: The week of June 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th,July 13th & 27th (Monday-Thursday)
Location: Basketball Gym & Auxiliary Weight room, 101 Chris Kelley Blvd. Hutto, TX 78634,
Student: 7th-12th grade & ROTC
Instructor: Hutto ISD Head Strength Coach, Coach Jason Haliburton & Hutto ISD Coaching Staff
Description of Class: Hutto ISD's Girls Summer Athletic Performance Camp is designed to promote competitive toughness through a physically and mentally challenging strength program which focuses on specific energy systems.
Success in athletics is determined by the ability to produce power, control speed, be agile and have flexibility.Your daughter will develop those skills to give themselves the opportunity to gain the advantage in competition by going through a comprehensive strength, speed, agility, quickness, and flexibility program.
During the camp students will:
• Use Olympic lifts and plyometric training to harness the power needed to be reactive and explosive,
• Implement strength training to increase muscle size and strength,
• Improve agility training (the ability to quickly change direction along with ability to accelerate/decelerate),
• Improve the athlete’s energy system (aerobic or anaerobic) based on the demands of their sport by implementing sport-specific conditioning,
• Incorporate flexibility training to allow for greater range of motion (ROM) of a joint helping to reduce joint and muscle injuries.
What to Bring: Water, athletic attire & tennis shoes
Registration Fee: $90
(Earn a shirt by getting 80% attendance 19/24 days)